Install Webmin with apt-get by adding the Webmin repository to your sources: echo "deb http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contrib" | sudo tee --append /etc/apt/sources.list wget -q http://www.webmin.com/jcameron-key.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add - Then install Webmin sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install webmin If firewall is enabled, allow traffic on port 10000 ufw allow 10000/tcp
My employer has a new collection of images called Prestige. There are some really cool images included… #171695978 / gettyimages.com #200464624-001 / gettyimages.com #200164707-001 / gettyimages.com
Thirty two years ago I got my first computer. It was an Apple II+ and I loved it! It had a green screen, dual 5.25” floppy drives and 48K of RAM. Yes, that is 48 kilobytes! I spent most of that summer teaching myself to program in BASIC and playing a few games like Choplifter, Apventure to Atlantis and The Tarturian. The Tarturian was particularly bad. It would crash once in a while and dump you to the command line.
I recently noticed I had to reset the time on my PC whenever I rebooted from Linux into Windows. It seemed like it started after I had to reset my Windows 8 install (seems like I have to do that a lot!) I like that Linux wants the hardware clock to be UTC, but I wish there was a way to make Windows work with that… It turns out, there is a registry setting that takes care of this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation] “RealTimeIsUniversal”=dword:00000001
I’ve become interested in Node.js and Markdown lately, so when I heard about Ghost I was really excited. I’ve been using Wordpress for quite a while now and I wanted something simpler. I cloned the Ghost repo from GitHub, followed the directions and had it up and running in a matter of minutes. I run this site on a little Digital Ocean Droplet with 512 MB of RAM. It’s cheap, and for the low amount of traffic my site gets, it’s fine.
I was trying to run the pre-built binaries for Node-Webkit and was getting an error: ./nw: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory To fix this on a 64-bit system: sudo ln -sf /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0 On a 32-bit system: sudo ln -sf /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0 After that, Node-Webkit started up fine!
MyFeeds 2.9 was certified and is available today! In addition to the bug fixes in the app, I have also re-enabled the ability to view GIF files. It requires a service to convert GIFs to JPEG since Windows Phone doesn’t support GIFs. I had initially written it to run on Windows using C# but I have moved to a Linux server now and had to re-write it. Re-writing it in PHP was the easy part.
I recently changed my Windows Phone app MyFeeds from being a paid app to free. This has caused quite an uptick in downloads and also a lot more bug reports! I just submitted MyFeeds 2.9 to the Windows Phone Store. It should be available soon. Here’s the changelog: Bug – App would sometimes crash on initial startup because it tried to access the database before it was ready – Fixed!
“Node Roundup: Bedecked, Knockout.sync.js, express-promise” http://feedly.com/k/1aTXMdI
A user suggested being able to set the default view in the article list. I thought it was a good idea, so I pushed out a quick update. Here’s what’s new: Improved article HTML rendering. New option to set Unread or All as default in article list view. App was crashing intermittently when editing properties of a feed - Fixed!